An 8 oz bag of Nature's PRIME™ makes about 2.5 lb (8 servings) of Improved Nature plant-based protein when boiled.
When hydrated, Slices are about 1 ½ inches long, flat and wide. Great shape for stir fries as the flatter piece will hold sauces well. Perfect for wraps, burritos, stir-fry dishes, Asian-inspired bowls, Baja bowls, Lemon pepper and parmesan bowls, Ceviche, tossed in Alfredo and Pesto sauces as a delicious main or side dish.
- Add 10 cups water or broth to a 3-4 quart size pot, bring to a rolling boil.
- Stir in one package of Nature's PRIME Slices.
- Keep on low boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. For more tender product, increase the cooking time.
- Pour into a large strainer.
- Run cold water over cooked Nature's PRIME Slices until cool to the touch.
- Press firmly to remove excess water.
Cooked Nature's PRIME Slices can be spiced, marinated and/or added to your favorite sauce.
Good Source of Fiber, Calcium, Iron and Potassium
High Protein | All-Natural | Low Fat | Low Sodium
Non-Dairy | No Cholesterol | Low GI (Glycemic Index)
No MSG | Vegetarian/Vegan | Egg Free | No Preservatives
Available in an 8 oz net weight, resealable stand-up pouch and a bulk 20 lb net weight, poly bag in a corrugated box.
Shelf life - 2 years. Care should be taken to ensure storage temperature does not exceed 75°F (25°C) for an extended period of time, during storage. Functional properties of these proteins are not guaranteed should products be stored above this temperature for extended periods.
After boiling, store prepared Improved Nature products in the refrigerator or freezer with the same guidelines as cooked chicken.